The 60feets clock tower also called Victoria Memorial Clock Tower. The moorish-style clock tower at the junction of Lebuh Light and Lebuh Pantai, represent one foot for each year of Victoria's reign. A corner of the wall surrounding Fort Cornwallis appears behind the tower, which was built to commemorate Queen Victoria's 1897 Jubilee.
This clock tower was donated by Cheah Chen Eok, a wealthy Penang citizen, on the occasion of the diamond jubilee of Queen Victoria's reign. The 60ft-high (18.3m) clock tower symbolising 60 years of the Queen's reign was only completed in 1902 when she had passed away. It costs 35,000 Straits Dollars to build. During World War II, bombs dropped on King Edward Place and caused the clock tower to slant slightly.
This clock tower combines neo-classical style with ornate Moghul features. It is divided into four tiers where the first tier is octagonal, followed by square base. Second and third tiers and finishes by arched and domed cupola. Moorish design elements such as the dome and arches, the balconies on the second tier with horse shoe arched openings, battlemented parapet of the first tier and etc. were used in the design. The clock placed on the third tier. From a far the clock tower looks more like a minaret of a mosque.